Thursday 5 January 2017

Spider party!! (Part 1)

Time waits for no man! My son turns 6 and since the last time he had a construction party was 3 years ago and he was entering Primary One soon, we decided to let him have another party. The tricky part was the theme. There were a couple of things he was "into" now, like Harry Potter and Lego and even Transformers so when I asked him what theme he would like for his birthday, he said Spiders without any hesitation. And he wasn't referring to Spiderman which would have made my party research so much easier but noooo... he was referring to the fear inducing, poisonous, eight-legged arachnid! I spent the next few weeks trying to change his mind and my sweet sensitive boy agreed on Lego seeing how much I was trying to convince him that a Lego party would be so much more fun but in his mind, what he really wanted were spiders! So I relented.

And because it was more difficult sourcing for spider themed plates and cups and decor, we had to do a lot of the embellishments ourselves. So thankful I have a very creative hubby to design and built.

Here's some pictures of the party..




The kids had hunt the spiders game, they got to whack a home made piƱata spider, they made their own spider hat and were all "infected" with loads of fun and goodies! I will share more of the details in the next blog post of the behind the scenes preparation of the party especially for those of you who might be looking at a similar themed party for the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment