Wednesday 21 May 2014

Mixed media art layout

I think it's always lovely seeing how someone starts off with a clean slate of paper, splashes random papers, doilies, paints, spray mists, modeling paste, metal embellishments (do you get the picture yet?) and magically turn it into a wonderful piece of art! Well, perhaps for these professional artists, it was more of an organized randomness (??!!). And I find it fascinating to watch the whole process, of which I am ever so thankful for, in Youtube. So many times as I watch the process, I'm going like, hey, are you sure you wanna spray it like that? Or, I'd be thinking, what's the point of putting that paper there? And then finally you see how it all comes together and you go, Aaahhh....

Anyway, I attempted my first mixed media layout and I have only one word to describe it, LIBERATING! :)  It was an exciting feeling just letting your fears and inhibitions go and just experimenting with the mediums you have and not worry about doing it properly or measuring, for that matter. If you are a highly compliant person like me and feel that you have to do everything by the rules, I'd highly recommend that you try it too! This is how mine looks like ...

I still have lots of practice to go but suffice to say, this will not be my last attempt at randomness. Here's some closeups of the layout..





Besides some of the medium that I've listed above, I've also used cheesecloth (ya, I know! Isn't that fun??), gesso, stamping, tissue paper (not the type that you use to clean your nose, it's from Tim Holtz, I think it's called tissue wrap), die cuts, wooden embellishment and alcohol ink. I think that's all! :)

I hope you have your own exciting time scrapping too!

Thanks for looking  :)

1 comment:

  1. I ran across this on Pinterest! Very cool; can't believe it was your first mixed media piece! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete