Monday 27 January 2014

Printer's tray

Ok, I have many photos taken of my son. Just the year 2013 alone, I have almost 2000 photos and videos of him! I guess that's what happens when you have an only child and you are a stay-at-home mom. Some of those photos are my personal favourites and I would love to showcase them but I figured that it would take lots and lots of layouts to highlight them.

Then I remembered I had this 12 frames wooden display from 7 Gypsies that would at least allow me to show a few of his photos at one go. Its called a printer's tray. Each frame within measures 7cm by 9.5cm. The frame comes in solid black or white wood with a metal hanger that you could use to hang up.
So I decided to choose a few of my favourite photos and create something out of them..

This is what I did over a few afternoons of hard work! :)

For those of you interested in seeing the close-ups, please scroll on for the details..
This is one of my favourite shots of my son. I feel like I'm getting a glimpse of the man he will become. Such a grown up look! The phrase is from a rub-on I bought a while back. I think its from Kaiser Craft. And then I used a metal adornment from Tim Holtz.


I love this saying and really praying that he will come to know this.


The first time he wore a cute little tie to a wedding dinner and the caption "Little Man" was very apt.



The quote on this frame was something I like too, "Every possibility begins with the courage to imagine". It's a stamp from Tim Holtz. It's nice that I can choose some of my favourite quotes that encapsulates what the picture means to me.




Next frame is a photo of him in a deep slumber and looking simply angelic! I chose a sticker label from 7 Gypsies that says, "Live as if bedtime will never come, then dream of mischief". This is appropriate considering that I just spent the last 1.5 hours trying to get him to take his afternoon nap!!




Scallop and classic hearts; die cuts from Spellbinders. Added a little fun with the sticker that says "no girls allowed".


Next up, another quote. I used Photoshop to create this phrase,"Do not be afraid, spread your wings and fly" and printed it on photo paper. then I added another metal bird from Tim Holtz.. He has these really nice metal embellishments.. In goes 2 more sticker labels from 7 Gypsies.. really fun stickers with cute sayings!
We took this picture of him drooling gleefully. He looked very satisfied doing that. And I love how this caption said what it did! haha.. A sign of things to come, probably a phrase I may be using a lot of in future!
I wanted to do something a little different from just having 12 frames of photos and phrases so I decided to do a little juggling at the corner to break the shape of the frame. There was this quote I saw at Pinterest which I really liked and wanted to incorporate into this layout.. It goes like this, "So, there is this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me Mommy." Now, isn't that absolutely adorable??  I decided to use my alphas from Prima Marketing for this phrase also because they were small enough. So I juxtapose the quote with other stickers and journal cards. Used bumble bee rub-ons. Used a vintage car die-cut and used crackle on top of it to give it a, well, crackle effect.. here's the close-up..
The above is one of my favourite frames. I love the plastic vials from Tim Holtz where you can unscrew the little cockscrews at the top of the vials and put whatever stuff you wanted in there!  So I used 2 different shaped bottles and put silver embossing powder in the taller thin one. For the shorter vial, I stamped some writings on a piece of white paper, distressed the edges, rolled it up like a scroll and stuck it in. And I put the sticker, Buried Treasure beside the vials. I thought that was fun!


These are the last 2 frames. Another 2 of my favourite shots of him, eating bacon for the first time and swimming on his 2nd birthday.


Another look at the overall completed layout. I also covered the frames as I didn't want it in the original white. I felt it was too "clean" for a boy layout! So I covered them all with tissue tape from Tim Holtz! Love the effect!

Last but not least, a sticker that says it all....
In my humble opinion, the printer's tray would make an absolutely adorable Valentine or a birthday gift and Scrappytale will be able to customise something similar for you and your loved ones. Drop me an email at jenniemaxine@yahoo.com or visit me at my Facebook page under Scrappytale if you wish to find out more.. 

I hope you enjoy seeing my humble little creation. Feel free to check in with me if you have any queries.. Thanks for looking..

No comments:

Post a Comment